Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD2
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
ETA: Q4 0f 2023.
Back-Ordered. ETA: Q4 0f 2023.
The Podium Wheel Base DD2 provides the ultimate force feedback experience with up to 25 Nm torque. No other direct drive system combines this level of performance, compatibility, and ease of use.
THE DEFINITIVE DIRECT DRIVE SYSTEM
Podium wheel bases use an outrunner-type motor engineered from the ground up specifically for sim racing. Instead of using a random industrial motor, our custom motors are tailored without compromise for sim racing. Outstanding acceleration, ultra-low cogging, and exceptional holding torque performance results in a driving experience unlike any other.
GERMAN DESIGN WITH 5 YEARS WARRANTY
The DD2 is the ultimate expression of our direct drive technology, thanks to our robust electronics designed for its extreme torque levels. Engineered with German precision and built to last for many years, the Podium DD2 is suitable for commercial and professional use; this the last wheel base you’ll ever need.
Direct Drive Without The Hassle
The result of decades of experience developing sim racing hardware, the Podium Wheel Base DD2 is a fully certified, plug-and-play system.
WIRELESS DATA AND POWER
We developed a unique wireless solution to transfer data and power from the Wheel Base to the Steering Wheel directly through the centre of the motor and quick release. This means no coiled USB cables and no need for batteries inside the wheel.
BETTER THAN EVER.
Since its release, the DD2 has received major firmware updates to add extra features and dramatically increase performance. FFB resolution has increased, latency has been lowered, and the motor controller is further optimised for fine detail.
Ready for the future.
Fully compatible with the existing Fanatec ecosystem, the Podium Wheel Base DD2 now also includes a free QR2 Base-Side (Type-M).
NOW INCLUDES QR2 UPGRADE.
The QR2 Base-Side (Type-M) is a motorsport-grade quick release system, fully CNC-machined from a single block of billet aluminium. You will receive this for free when you buy a new Podium Wheel Base DD2. The installation process takes a few minutes.
The display is used for accessing detailed Tuning Menu settings (adjustable while you drive), but also includes features for advanced users, showing real-time motor and force feedback data. Intelligent Telemetry Mode (ITM) is also available, displaying telemetry data from a sim (lap times, race position, fuel level, and more) when supported.
- Custom-designed servo motor designed by our engineers and the first direct drive motor optimised for racing simulator applications.
- Outrunner-type motor achieves outstanding peak torque of 25Nm, matching the torque output in most real race cars using power steering.
- 5 year warranty on the complete wheel base
- Motor acceleration and speed remains at the highest level, even with heavy steering wheels.
- Ultra-low torque ripple ensures minimal mechanical distractions and the same smooth experience as in a belt driven wheel.
- Wireless QR technology: Wireless transfer of data (infra-red) and power (inductive coupling) between the motor and quick release means no external cables between wheel base and steering wheel, and no need for batteries inside the wheel.
- Rotation: 2520 degrees (electronically limited, adjustable).
- Integrated 2.7” 256×64 resolution OLED display for Tuning Menu, real-time motor and force feedback data, and Intelligent Telemetry Mode (FanaLabsoftware required).
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings.
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences.
- Support for advanced dual clutch bite-point mode.
- Integrated electronics within wheel base housing, no external control box required.
- The integrated electronics and highest quality components ensure ultra-low latency, providing immediate feedback from racing simulators.
- Fully certified with CE, FCC, C-Tick, ROHS and all other certificates required by law, ensuring that this product does not interfere with other electronic devices, no EMI issues
- Torque Key allows user to lock/unlock the DD2’s full performance.
- All existing and upcoming Fanatec peripherals fully supported without any modification. Choose from a growing selection of Fanatec steering wheels in many different styles and price/quality levels.
- Killswitch allows instant shut down of the DD2 in the event of an emergency. It also features a remote power button, and universal mounting points for ease of access.
- Firmware can be updated with new features
- Motor driver firmware can also be updated.
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel
- Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories • Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake
- All peripherals can be connected to the wheel base so you save up to 5 USB ports
- All-Aluminium housing
- Exchangeable carbon fibre cover plates.
- Supports Fanatec 3-hole mounting pattern (bottom mounting) and side mounting. Hard mounting to a cockpit is highly recommended due the high amount of torque.
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures game compatibility out of the box for all major racing games across all platforms, including those which only support one controller
- Game Developers choice as they only need to adapt to one single and well documented wheel base
- Combines with FanaLab software for PC.
- Connect external devices to network for displaying telemetry data like speed, lap times, brake temperatures, tachometers and more.
- Support for major PC racing simulators
- Control your Upgraded Fanatec Tuning Menu settings and presets directly from the software.
- Save game-specific settings to PC software, which will be applied when the game is launched.
- New FFB tuning features, e.g. speed-sensitive dampening.
- Automotive grade Quick Release system with expandable rubber damper (QR1) preinstalled.
- Motorsport grade QR2 Base-Side (Type-M) upgrade now included (packaged separately).
- Standard 5 year warranty.
- All Fanatec Podium Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec CSL Steering Wheels (QR1 Wheel-Side required)
- All Fanatec Pedals
- All Fanatec Shifters
- RennSport Cockpit V2 (sold after Q4 2017)
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2
- PC: This wheel base is compatible with PC in combination with all available Fanatec steering wheels.
- Xbox®: This wheel base becomes compatible with Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S when used with any Fanatec Xbox-licensed steering wheel.
- PlayStation®: This product is not compatible with any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
- Not suitable for children. A Direct Drive Wheel Base is not a toy! The fast movements of the steering wheel and strong torque can be dangerous. Please read the safety instructions.
- QR2 Base–Side (Type-M) now included (packaged separately). If you wish to use QR2 Steering Wheels, the QR2 Base-Side must be installed before use.
- Dimensions (L x W x H)51cm x 26cm x 28cm
- Volume weight7.42kg
- Podium Wheel Base DD2 with QR1 preinstalled
- QR2 Base-Side (Type-M), packaged separately
- Kill Switch with Remote Power Button
- Torque Key
- Quick guide
- Power supply (480 Watt)
- Power cable (regional)
- USB cable
- Hardmount3-hole pattern, 5-hole pattern from bottom, Sidemount 2-hole pattern on each side
- USB update rate1000Hz
- Degrees of rotationUnlimited / Adjustable
- Connection portsCAN, Data, Emergency Stop, Handbrake, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Torque Key
- Display2.7″ 256×64 OLED
- Table ClampOptional
- Kill SwitchIncluded
- Cover platesCarbon Fibre
- Display modesClipping, FFB Telemetry, Wheel Base telemetry
- TorqueUp to 25Nm
- Tuning Menu through steering wheelYes
- Rev Lights on Wheel BaseNo
- Adjustable ABS vibrationYes
- Adjustable brake forceYes
- Adjustable drift modeYes
- Adjustable FF strengthYes
- Adjustable sensitivityYes
- Adjustable shockYes
- Adjustable springYes
- Quick ReleaseYes
- Cooling systemSingle fan
- Mode ButtonNo
- Force Feedback drive system
While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we apologize for any errors or omissions contained on these pages.
Please verify any information with Simulation 1 Systems.
|Dimensions||60 × 30 × 30 cm|