Back-Ordered. ETA: Beginning of June 2020.
*Due to on-going situation with COVID-19, the shipment has been delayed to mentioned date above. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The First-Ever Direct Drive System for PS4
Take your PS4™ racing experience to the ultimate level with Fanatec Direct Drive technology. Our partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe means that the Podium Racing Wheel F1® works seamlessly with all PS4™ and PS4™ Pro Systems.
Officially licensed by Formula1™
The Podium Racing Wheel F1® combines breakthrough technology with years of simulation hardware experience. Fanatec® Direct Drive has no equal. It is quite simply the most realistic force feedback system ever on a console.
Officially licensed for PlayStation4™
This racing wheel defines the new standard for esports competition on the PlayStation™. It has matched compatibility with the CSL Elite Racing Wheel for PS4™ and therefore well supported by all important racing games. Compatibility is tested and certified. Just plug it in and race.
Direct Drive Without The Hassle
It’s all in the details. Our thousands of design hours mean that you can just drive and enjoy.
Wireless Data and Power
The endless rotation of our direct drive motor inspired the development of a unique solution to transfer data and power to the wheel inputs and displays wirelessly. This means no USB cables are flying around which can easily get damaged and make it difficult to let the wheel spin in a drift.
Fully Certified, Plug and Play
Podium Wheel Bases use an outrunner-type motor engineered from the ground up specifically for sim racing. Instead of using a random industrial motor, our custom motors are tailored without compromise for sim racing and exclusive to Fanatec.
Exclusive ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® PS4™ included
The F1®-style with a compact 27cm diameter steering wheel features a vast array of features and controls, including the preinstalled Podium Advanced Paddle Module.
Loaded with Fanatec Innovation
11 buttons, 12-way multi-position switches, thumb encoders, rocker switches; we’ve packed a huge number of controls into this compact wheel, ergonomically positioned for quick access. RevLEDs with nine multi-color LEDs can show motor RPM and optimal shifting point, and the two flags LED bars (FlagLEDs) with three multi-color LEDs can indicate tire slip, fuel level, or incoming radio.
The Most Authentic Paddle System Ever
The Podium Advanced Paddle Module provides two magnetic shifters that generate a solid, positive feel to every shift and two additional magnetic paddles for functions like DRS. Dual analog clutch paddles allow F1®-style launch control by pre-defining the clutch bite point. Automotive grade quality, with real carbon fiber paddle plates and an aluminum cage.
- Officially licensed by Formula 1™.
- Officially licensed for PlayStation 4™.
- F1®-style steering wheel with a compact diameter of 27 cm for fast movements and reactions.
- Durable construction made of metal and carbon fiber.
- 5 mm solid carbon fiber front plate with blue accents.
- Grips made of genuine Italian made Alcantara®. This material is easy to clean and provides a sensational grip.
- Steering wheel weight: approx. 1245 g (subject to production changes).
- 11 buttons with ultra-reliable switches.
- Two rocker switches.
- Two 12-way multi-position switches.
- Analog joystick to look around in the cockpit or to map with any other axis.
- 7-way FunkySwitch™ to change settings: Turn left; turn right; move left, right, up and down; push (active in Tuning Menu and compatible with any PS4 game).
- Two thumb encoders well-reachable while driving without releasing the grips.
- Two vibration motors integrated with the grips, controllable through wheel Tuning Menu (SHO) or by game through Fanatec SDK.
- Revolution LED bar (RevLEDs) with nine multi-color LEDs to show motor RPM and optimal shifting point as the games program through the Fanatec SDK.
- Two flags LED bars (FlagLEDs) with three multi-color LEDs each to indicate tire slip, fuel level, incoming radio as games program through the Fanatec SDK.
- 1″ 128×64 OLED display to show telemetry data like speed or gear as games program through the Fanatec SDK.
- Tuning functions with an OLED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see the description of compatible wheelbase/racing wheel for details).
- PODIUM Advanced Paddle Module pre-installed, featuring F1®-style dual clutch paddles and dual magnetic shifters plus two additional magnetic paddles.
- Racing style button caps included.
Direct Drive Wheel Base:
- PS4-compatible direct drive wheelbase.
- Custom-designed servo motor optimized for racing simulator applications.
- Outrunner-type motor achieves outstanding peak torque of 20Nm, matching the torque output in most real race cars using power steering.
- Holding torque is not less than 15Nm even under heavy use in a race.
- Motor acceleration and speed remain at the highest level, even with heavy steering wheels.
- Ultra-low torque ripple ensures minimal mechanical distractions and the same smooth experience as in a belt is driven wheel.
- Wireless data and power to all Fanatec steering wheels to enable unlimited rotation of the steering wheel.
- Integrated 2.7” 256×64 resolution OLED display with advanced telemetry features for real-time motor and force feedback data such as power output, FFB clipping and more.
- Upgraded Fanatec Tuning Menu.
- Five presets for different games and applications
- Steering lock
- FFB Strength
- Drift mode
- Force Effect Intensity
- The integrated electronics and highest quality components ensure ultra-low latency, providing immediate feedback from racing simulators.
- Fully certified with CE, FCC, C-Tick, ROHS and all other certificates required by law, ensuring that this product does not interfere with other electronic devices.
- Torque Key allows the user to lock/unlock the full performance of the wheelbase.
- Choose from a growing selection of Fanatec steering wheels in many different styles and price/quality levels.
- Firmware can be updated with new features.
- Motor driver firmware can also be updated.
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate.
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel.
- Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles (should not be used in combination with Advanced Paddle Module) and other optional accessories.
- Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake.
- All-Aluminium housing featuring unique carbon fiber panels with blue accents.
- Supports Fanatec 3-hole mounting pattern (bottom mounting) and side mounting. Hard mounting to a cockpit is highly recommended due to the high amount of torque.
- Automotive grade Quick Release system with rubber damper for zero flex and movement between the steering wheel and wheelbase.
- Standard 2 year warranty.
- All Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec CSL Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec Pedals
- All Fanatec Shifters
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake
- All Fanatec Cockpits
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2.
- Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- PlayStation® systems: All PlayStation®4 and PS4® Pro systems. PS4™ games which support the wheels advanced functionality includes Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS 2, and DiRT 4. All upcoming advanced driving simulator games with the support of force feedback racing wheels will be compatible. For a complete list of compatible games please visit this site. This product is currently not certified for future PlayStation™ systems.
- PC: This racing wheel is compatible with PC on all major racing games.
- Other platforms: Compatibilities to other platforms depending on the used steering wheel. For more information, please check the product page of the steering wheel you plan to use.
- Please note: PC and other platform compatibilities are tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, F1 logo, FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX, and related marks are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula 1 company. © 2018 Cover images Formula One World Championship Limited, a Formula 1 company. Licensed by Formula One World Championship Limited. The FIA and FIA AfRS logos are trademarks of Federation Internationale de l’Automobile. All rights reserved.
- Size (L x W x H) : 53.50cm x 53.50cm x 31.10cm
- Weight: 16.00kg
- Volume weight: 11.61kg
- Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4™ (Not available separately at this point)
- ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® PS4™ (Not available separately at this point)
- Podium Advanced Paddle Module
- Torque Key
- Quick guide
- Power supply with EU & UK plugs
- USB cable
- Racing style button caps
While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we apologize for any errors or omissions contained on these pages.
Please verify any information with Simulation 1 Systems.