FANATEC CSL DD READY2RACE BMW BUNDLE FOR PC (8 NM)
ETA: March 2024.
Back-Ordered. ETA: March 2024.
Officially licensed by BMW.
The introduction of the real steering wheel for the 2022 BMW M4 GT3 race car (Podium Series), and the GT2 V2 replica (ClubSport Series), and now the CSL Steering Wheel BMW means there is a BMW wheel for every budget. The CSL Steering Wheel BMW is a fully featured wheel at the lowest price that doesn’t compromise on performance. It is an ideal starter wheel for the CSL DD.
EYE-CATCHING, MULTI-PURPOSE DESIGN.
A unique BMW-designed graphic stretches across the front face and rim. The 300 mm diameter is suitable for many vehicle types, and the lightweight construction retains fine force feedback detail even at low torque settings.
The internal structure of the polymer casing means that the wheel is strong and durable. The rubberised grip provides just the right amount of friction, and is comfortable to use for long sessions, even with sweaty hands.
CSL DD. The new standard.
FANATEC® Direct-Drive technology comes to the CSL Series. From subtle sidewall flex to powerful self-aligning torque, you’ll feel everything with a heightened sense of realism. Exceptionally crisp and dynamic force feedback sensations await.
When the steering wheel is directly mounted to the motor shaft, there’s no belt or gear drive to dilute the force feedback effects. The clear choice of all professional drivers and enthusiast sim racers is now available to a broader audience.
PLUG AND PLAY.
Our strong relationship with game developers means the CSL DD has broad compatibility and consistent behaviour across many popular titles. The Standard Tuning Menu has been simplified, allowing beginners to start quickly without having to worry about settings. The Advanced Tuning Menu remains for enthusiasts.
The CSL DD 8 Nm package includes the Boost Kit 180, a powerful 180W power supply that unlocks the full performance of the direct drive motor.
8 NM PEAK TORQUE
Using the included Boost Kit 180, the CSL DD operates in its 8 Nm mode. This provides much stronger feedback, and as a result, you’ll feel the subtle cues more clearly too.
SMALL SIZE. HUGE PERFORMANCE.
This high level of torque can be sustained without the need for active cooling, with the extruded and CNC-machined aluminium casing acting as the structural chassis as well as the heatsink.
Pedal to the metal.
The CSL Pedals are solidly built from steel. Precise and durable sensors allow you to stay in control with smooth throttle and brake inputs.
HEAVY STEEL CONSTRUCTION.
The stability of the all-metal design means it is built to last. The stiffer spring on the brake pedal combined with the PU foam damper provides a realistic, progressive feeling.
Both the throttle and brake axes use precision Hall-effect sensors. By measuring pedal position with magnets, the system is contactless, meaning no wear on the sensor and consistent performance.
CSL Steering Wheel BMW:
- Officially licensed by BMW
- Unique BMW-designed graphic across front face and rim
- Realistic size, suitable for many driving styles (300 mm)
- Rubberised wheel rim for grip and durability
- Integrated RevStripe™, which is a combined centre stripe and an engine RPM indicator, using a multi-colour LED
- Three-digit LED display smoothly integrated into the wheel rim below the RevStripe™ allows telemetry data such as speed or gears to be displayed in compatible games or third-party software
- Metal shifter paddles with unique copper finish, snap-dome-activated “click” feeling
- 4-way direction pad with push button
- Tuning functions with LED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see description of compatible wheel base/racing wheel for details)
- Tool-free ‘QR1 Lite Wheel-Side’ quick release:
- Improved ease of use (no clamping bolt required) and durability
- Exchangeable, supports QR1 Wheel-Side (ClubSport Quick Release Adapter)
- Lightweight for fast acceleration and fidelity, only 1224 g (with QR1 Lite Wheel-Side)
Direct-Drive system delivers instant, detailed force feedback
- Boost Kit 180 included
- Linear, consistent performance (8 Nm peak torque)
- Patented, exclusive FluxBarrier technology optimises motor efficiency and smoothness
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures game compatibility out of the box for all major racing games
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences
- High-resolution (contactless) Hall-position-sensor, same as Podium Series
- Steering axis made from carbon fibre-enhanced composite
- Fanless: wheel base housing is made from aluminium (passive heat sink, core structural component) with composite end caps
- Rotation: 2520 degrees (electronically limited, adjustable)
- Slip ring system (life-tested for thousands of hours) provides cable-free delivery of power and data to steering wheels
- Automotive-grade quick release, exchangeable
- T-nut rail system on sides and bottom for easily adjustable hard-mounting
- Optional table clamp (sold separately), supports 5 to 60 mm table thickness
- Power supply
- USB-C to PC / console
- Fanatec DataPort-C
- Shifter 1
- Shifter 2 (Sequential only)
- Front-mounted threaded inserts for Fanatec accessories (e.g. ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles, available separately). Not intended for front-mounting the wheel base to a sim racing chassis/cockpit.
- Two-pedal set (throttle and brake), upgradeable to three pedals (upgrade kits sold separately)
- All-metal construction (excluding pedal faces). Pedals are made from heavy steel, which helps to prevent the set from sliding on the floor (if not hard-mounted to a rig)
- Optional anodised aluminium pedal plates (CSL Pedals Tuning Kit, sold separately)
- Contactless Hall sensors (12-bit) on both brake and throttle for high precision and durability
- Brake pedal spring is stiffer than throttle pedal spring, PU foam damper adds additional resistance for progressive braking feel
- Upgrade to a three-pedal configuration with Clutch Kit or Load Cell Kit (sold separately)
- CSL Pedals Clutch Kit provides a third pedal for the lowest price
- CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit also provides a third pedal, and upgrades the brake and electronics
- Pedal position can be adjusted sideways along heel rest
- Height-adjustable pedal faces
- Modular design means inverted mounting to a rig is possible
- Vertical rear plates allow pedals to be easily braced against a wall or other vertical surface
- Pearl chrome plating on pedal bases and arms
- Black powder coating on heel rest
The CSL DD is compatible with:
- Fanatec Podium Steering Wheels
- Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheels
- Fanatec CSL Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec Pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
- Fanatec ClubSport Shifters (including ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles)
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake V1 and V1.5
- Fanatec RennSport Cockpits
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2
- CSL DD Table Clamp
- Boost Kit 180
- Podium Mounting Brackets (the CSL DD includes M6 T-nuts for side-mounting; the Podium Mounting Brackets require the use of M6 bolts and washers)
- PC: This product is compatible with Windows PC.
- Xbox®: This wheel base becomes compatible with Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S when used with any Fanatec Xbox-licensed steering wheel.
- PlayStation®: This product is not compatible with any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
- Not suitable for children. A Direct Drive Wheel Base is not a toy! The fast movements of the steering wheel and strong torque can be dangerous. Please read the safety instructions.
- In order to enable features such as Steering Wheel LEDs in some titles, it may be necessary to switch the CSL DD to Compatibility Mode. This can also help with titles not working in standard PC mode. Check the Quick Guide for details.
- It is possible to use full torque on a CSL DD with Boost Kit 180, even with the preinstalled QR1 Lite Wheel-Side quick release.
- CSL Steering Wheel BMW
- CSL DD
- Boost Kit 180
- CSL Pedals
While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we apologize for any errors or omissions contained on these pages.
Please verify any information with Simulation 1 Systems.
|60 × 50 × 45 cm