Heusinkveld Sprint Pedal Elastomer Kit
In-Stock. Same-Day Shipping & Pickup*
In-Stock. Same-Day Shipping & Pickup*
Elastomer Kit – Sim Pedals Sprint
This Elastomer Kit allows you to upgrade your Sim Pedals Sprint brake pedals to our latest injection molded thermoset brake elastomers.
The feel of your brake pedal is critical for your simulator experience. Continuous development has resulted in these new thermoset brake elastomers, which were first introduced on our Sim Pedals Ultimate+. You now have the option to replace your early spec Sim Pedals Sprint brake rubbers with these new thermoset elastomers.
Check before buying
Please note that these new elastomers may already be installed on your Sim Pedals Sprint. This is likely the case if you bought your Sim Pedals Sprint from December 2021 onwards.
If your rubbers/elastomers have markings on the side indicating length and resistance (‘soft’ or ‘hard’), you already have the new specification installed. If there are no markings, you have the earlier spec.
The key advantages of using these new elastomers compared to the early spec rubbers are as follows:
- A much more progressive brake feel. When applying force to the brake initially there will be more travel. Then the brake pedal feel gradually but very clearly stiffens.
- Firmer bump and rebound characteristics. Especially on rebound (eg. when you decrease the force you put on the brake) a smaller decrease of brake force is required for the pedal to start moving back to its starting position.
- Further improved durability. Extensive testing has shown that these new elastomers have a near zero failure rate and show no performance degradation even after 1 million cycles.
We’d like to stress that this is an optional upgrade. Earlier spec brake rubbers will also serve you very well for years to come, albeit with slightly different performance characteristics.
The Sim Pedals Sprint Elastomer Kit contains the following components:
- 1x 19mm hard elastomer.
- 1x 19mm soft elastomer.
- 1x 28mm soft elastomer.
- 1x 37mm soft elastomer.
The length and the hardness of the elastomer (soft/hard) is printed on the side of the elastomers.
All other components of the brake rubbers stack (such as the black discs and spacers) should be re-used from your original Sim Pedals Sprint brake.
The schematic below shows all possible stack configurations. The hardest setting is on top, the softest on the bottom.
This Elastomer Kit is compatible with all versions of the Sim Pedals Sprint and the Sim Pedals Sprint – Team Redline Edition.
Before purchasing the Elastomer Kit, please check whether you already have the new spec elastomers. If your rubbers/elastomers have markings on the side indicating length and resistance (‘soft’ or ‘hard’), you already have the new specification installed. If there are no markings, you have the earlier spec rubbers.
The Elastomer Kit is not compatible with the following products:
- (Classic) Sim Pedals Ultimate (eg. non-plus version): The inner diameter on these elastomers do not match the brake rod diameter on the classic Sim Pedals Ultimate. This kit also does not include the required black discs and spacers, damage to the elastomer will occur if you use the original metal discs.
- Sim Pedals Pro: This kit does not include the required black discs and spacers, damage to the elastomer will occur if you use the original metal discs
For the installation manual, please see our support page.
You can also watch our video tutorial and follow along step by step.
For further information on brake pedal elastomer stack settings, how to change the stiffness of your brake pedal and using our SmartControl software (brake pedal recalibration is required after installing the Elastomer Upgrade Kit), please check the latest version of the Sim Pedals Sprint manual.
While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we apologize for any errors or omissions contained on these pages.
Please verify any information with Simulation 1 Systems.
|Dimensions||20 × 20 × 5 cm|